The project started in January 2012 and ended in April 2012. Over 400 tags have been placed across Singapore, in specific locations where Moms would need educational information on parenting and motherhood: at home, in selected clinics, and at selected FairPrice retail outlets spread across the island. Danone used NFC solutions from Think&Go NFC, who provided the full NFC infrastructure, including Tag lifecycle management, Mobile Applications, web indirection platform, as well as developing an online journal service. In addition to NFC, QR codes are included to offer a full contactless experience.
Two months on, the results already show interesting key results:
- 100 Moms generate 10,000 NFC Taps per month, which shows a high adoption rate, and the real interest of the Moms.
- The interaction between Moms and Danone's Baby Nutrition business highlights the strong role of co-creation in this project.
- The Ecosystem that Danone has built between Home-Clinics-Shops is a successful combination.
- Service provision around products, at the mom's fingertips, whenever and wherever they are, is received with high enthusiasm
- Additional services around the latest promotional activities on growing up milk formula and community/social media interaction are key, when it comes to connecting with moms using NFC tools.
More results and future opportunities are expected. Mobility and NFC are seen as a key innovation for connecting to consumers at many locations and times, as well as for targeted, easy access services and information.